Problem. I installed Adobe Premiere Pro and then all of a sudden my mouse starting automatically scrolling. This happened only in certain places. Like when opening the run command dialog, or when hovering over the Premiere Pro timeline. It did not happen in the browser unless I hovered over a section that had a custom scroll type listener.
The issue with auto scrolling was very frustrating. I was able to figure it out though. Here are the steps.
- Right click on This PC in the file explorer menu. Select Manage.
- Find and click the Device Manager
- Expand the Mice and other pointing devices option
- Right click the HID-compliant mouse entry and select Uninstall device.
- Your mouse will stop working…
- Unplug your mouse from the back of your computer, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in.
- Windows should redetect your mouse and the problem should go away.
Alternatively you could try to “Update driver” instead of Uninstalling the device. I didn’t try, my problem was solved with the steps documented above.